These are seriously the best oats I have ever had. Usually when I order oatmeal its bland and sticky and bleh then I add a ton of maple syrup and they become somewhat edible except really they aren’t delicious, at all. But these oats? These are delicious! I have been making them for breakfast almost every day! I’ll eat them at home or throw them in a mason jar and eat them on the go! So just make them and try them, they may even change your mind about oatmeal! =D
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (I really like cinnamon feel free to use less here if you don’t love it!
- 1/4 cup frozen mixed berries (you could use other fresh or frozen fruit- I Just like frozen to cool them quicker!)
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat combine the oats, water and sliced banana bring to a bubble stirring frequently. You will notice the banan will start to breakdown and dissolve into the oats as they absorb the water. Cook for 8-10 minutes until your desired consistency.
- Add the cinnamon and stir to combine
- Pour the oats into a bowl or pint jar depending on what your plan is! Add the frozen mixed berries, the chia and maple syrup.
- Oogle at how pretty it looks then stir it all up and you’ll get some awesome tie dye colored, delicious and healthy oats!
Let me know how you like your oats, what toppings are your favorite? And as always if you make this let me know, I would love to hear from you!